Central Heating

We offer Central Heating installation, repair & maintenance  services in Sonning Common, Henley on Thames, Wargrave and the surrounding areas of Oxfordshire, Berkshire, and Buckinghamshire.


If you have a small cottage or a manor house  our engineers can design systems right just for you. From barn conversions with  underfloor pipework, dual boiler installations to simple single properties. We are qualified to recommend, design and install the most suitable and efficient heating system for your home.

How is your Central Heating System designed?

A Central Heating System is what distributes the heat from your single heat source. Usually it is a Gas, Oil or LPG boiler, or a heat pump, to radiators, or under floor heating around your home.Central Heating

Our customers usually chose wet radiator systems. Radiators can be wall or floor mounted. They come in numerous designs, colours and ranges. However for most properties we would recommend standard high quality wall mounted Stelrad Softline radiators.

How does a Central Heating System work?

In most applications a Gas, Oil or LPG boiler heats up the water in the system. Water then  is pumped through the system, either by a pump built into the boiler (See our boiler page – System Boilers) or an external Grundfos circulation pump (See our boiler page – Heat Only Boilers). So both System & Heat Only boilers use zone valves either in the form of two single zone valve (S-Plan) or a single mid position valve (Y-Plan) to distribute the hot water. Combination or Combi Boilers as they are called(See our boiler page – Combi Boilers) do not have external zone valves. Combi boilers only provide heating to radiators, and divert the hot flow internally to provide instantaneous hot water.

Most modern systems now incorporate a sealed system, allowing for the removal of the F&E (Feed and Expansion tank in the loft). Water is added to the sealed heating system circuit up to a set pressure normally 1 bar. Mains water is fed into the System via a filling loop and combination pressure gauge. As a result when water heats up it expands, so this requires a pressure relief valve into any Central Heating System.


Please give Tap Tight Plumbing & Heating Engineers a call and an experienced gas engineer will be happy to discuss the options with you on site – 01491 905375

See examples of our work with heating systems

Get a Quote

Call us today

01491 905375

Or fill in the contact form

Contact Us

Whether a private household, landlord or agent we are happy to provide you with the above services, and can also offer competitively priced Gas Safety and Landlord Certificates to ensure you meet current legal requirements.

Skip to toolbar